Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 11, 2008

my dad

My dad has been diagnosed with Lung Cancer. While the pulmonologist thinks he is a good candidate for surgery, we need to know if the cancer has spread at all. I have a sinking feeling that it has spread. We'll know more soon. He is going to get a pet scan tomorrow and then we'll wait to get the results. The pet scan will tell us if it has spread and where it is. I just hope that it's contained. Fortunately, since his biopsy on Thursday we have been moving on all this fairly quickly. He will be 77 this year in October, I'm just upset that I lived so far away and that I didn't play a more active role in his health/doctor visits before now. I think it was only a matter of time since he's been a smoker forever, but perhaps if I lived in town I would have been able to go with him to help identify this sooner. We'll see how it goes. In the meantime I had my uncle fly in to cheer him up a bit. He has no appetite and he's always lying down. He likes playing dominoes with his brother and let's face it, if something happens, I just want them to spend time together so that we'll appreciate the memories.

Please pray for my father. Thank you!

No comments: