Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Teething

Did I mention Mia is teething? Mia's first tooth broke through the gums on Dec 18th. Her second tooth emerged on Sunday January 13th. However, it is really bothering her. This morning at the library I was able to spot a little blood from that new tooth! It was a rough day for her, she was a wee bit cranky. However all that really seemed to change when I bathed her. She didn't fuss a bit during the bath, which she usually loves anyway. But after the bath she was happy while I dressed her. I fed her 6 oz and then she cooed and talked for a little while, then off to bed. She's still spitting up more than I'd like. I wonder if she really has acid reflux. I think I'm going to call the doctor and ask her about dropping the Prevacid.

The following teething chart obviously doesn't apply to my children. Both Luisa and Mia cut their first tooth at the beginning of their fourth month.




Teething Schedule

Age New Teeth
6-10 months Central incisors
10-13 months Lateral incisors
17-23 months Canines
14-18 months First baby molars
23-31 months Second baby molars

2 comments:

The Liberto Family said...

Poor Mia! I still can't get over that she has two teeth and Melissa has none. Maybe soon she will cut her first tooth. Happy 5 months to Mia.

Margarita said...

Don't worry Traci, it won't be long before Melissa gets a mouthful and it'll happen all at once!!