Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's in the genes!


I am very blessed that once asleep my girls sleep. Sure now that Luisa is in her own bed she can get up and come to my room during the night. I find that it's no big deal because it doesn't happen every night and if she does do it it's usually in the wee morning hours. Then she ends up sleeping later since she is so comfortable next to mom! As for Mia she has been quite a blessing. She goes to sleep on her own and gets fussy if held too long, so she would rather you lay her in her crib and she puts herself to sleep. I guess this is some sort of redemption for the pain of the divorce! Or perhaps I'm just more relaxed because I'm no longer a first time mom. Call it whatever you want! I also want it noted that my mom's side of the family is notorious for loving the nap!! Grandma used to fall asleep mid sentence and then pick up right where she left off. My cousin Milo also did this. My sisters love their naps so much that they make time for them on the weekends. From time to time I too squeeze in a nap. I would more often, but I don't have time for that!

On another note, Mia is really into sucking on her two middle fingers, while I'm not crazy about this, I'm going to do my best to NOT STRESS OUT about it. Ask me about that in a couple of years when she's still sucking away!

This post was prompted because I was reading about a mom who is having to deal with an insomniac for a child. Yikes!! Please let that never happen to me.

OK, I'm off to join the girls in dreamland...

1 comment:

The Liberto Family said...

I have to say I'm glad Melissa puts herself too sleep also! As for the sucking on the fingers, I don't know what you and I are going to do. Melissa dr told us not to worry about it until she is around 1 and start trying to tell her not to suck on her thumb! I don't wan't her being 8 still sucking her thumb!