Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 1, 2007

sleep

Thanks to Jaime (my sister Rachel;s husband) and my mom I was able to attend the Speaking on Women's Health Conference (Hablando de la Salud de la Mujer) on Saturday 9/29. The final speaker of the day was Maria Marin, a motivational speaker, and she was quite entertaining and empowering. I really enjoyed the whole experience and especially the goodie bags!!

Mia stayed with my mom and I had been pumping a little milk each day so I was able to leave knowing she would not have any formula. However, mom did say that she would only stay asleep in Grandma's arms. I think she could sense that I wasn't here so she took full advantage! Stinker! After I got home and nursed her we were off to pick up Luisa and head to dinner with Rachel and the fam.

Luisa stayed with Jaime and the girls all day and although she missed her nap, it all worked out pretty well because after dinner with Rachel & the fam, Luisa fell asleep on the way home and was so exhausted I was able to carry her to her bed and just lay her down without a fuss. That was a really nice treat, since she can really put up a fight sometimes. The best part about this was that when we arrived in the neighborhood, there was REALLY LOUD music. It was so loud, because a neighbor was having a wedding in their back yard and the DJ was going full force. Luisa was so asleep she wasn't even bothered by the noise. This was good because she can be so sensitive to loud noises, music or otherwise.

Mia has been sleeping fairly well. I have been bathing her most nights in hopes that the bath will soothe her and keep her asleep longer. She is usually in bed between 10:30 and 11:30 and wakes between 3:30 and 4 AM. Overall I think that's pretty good. Then she will sleep about another 4 hours after that. I was finally able to get the office cleaned up enough so that I could put the pack and play in here for her to sleep in. It was in my bedroom before this and that was a very tight squeeze. Have I mentioned that the house is only 1100 square feet, so bedroom space is at capacity with all our furniture. Perhaps I can put up the crib and take down the pack and play in about a month.

Richard, Rosie, and Rachel and their families have really made this transition go fairly smoothly! I am so blessed to have such a great family! Of course I couldn't do all this without my mom and dad too!

So my question this morning is: Can Mia sleep in the pack and play until she is 1 year old, or is that just cruel?

No comments: