Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Month No. 1

Okay, so I'm a little behind already. My goal is to at least post monthly, and maybe even more often than that!

Mia was born on August 16, 2007. In the past month we have adjusted pretty well to having a new born. By we, I mean Luisa and I. Luisa is loving having a baby sister. She just adores Mia. From the moment we got home, she just wants to give her sister a hug and a kiss as often as possible. Fortunately, Luisa has relaxed quite a bit, but rest assured that Mia is still the center of attention around here. Funny thing is that Luisa speaks very loudly to Mia and gets right in her face to talk to her. I guess she figures that Mia is deaf, since she can't speak. Go figure!

I believe Luisa feels more complete now that she has a sister, since all her friends and cousins have a sibling. I'm so happy I could give her that. The girls are just about 3 years apart and Luisa is going to be a great role model for her little sister. Already Luisa is a tremendous help to me, getting whatever it is that I need.

Mia is growing everyday. Initially she had issues gaining weight, but weighing 8 lbs 8 oz as of Friday 9/14. She is exclusively being breast-fed now. Mia still sleeps quite a bit and whenever she is awake she enjoys being held...of course she enjoys being held when she's asleep too!! Whenever the girls nap, I try to nap as well.

Luisa started back at pre-school on Sept 5th and I'm so glad she has been able to attend. It has helped keep her entertained and it gives mommy a good break! My cousin Patty has also been a God-send in helping out by taking Luisa at least once a week. Since I am pretty much on my own every night I so appreciate the breaks. Mia is fairly good during the night. I say fairly because in the last couple of days she has been needy...wanting me to hold her or sleep next to her. Since I am so tired, I am only too happy to oblige. I will quit doing this soon, because I don't want to spoil her!

We move on Friday 9/21, which ironically would be my 11 year wedding anniversary. I'm sad my marriage is over, but I look forward to new beginnings.

Enjoy a picture of the 2 most important people of my life:

No comments: